Wednesday, 16 January 2013

NARS Foreplay Cheek Palette....

Hello Dears,

I got this little baby for Christmas and it was love at first sight


The Foreplay Palette contains 3 blushes and a highlight and has been designed as the famous Orgasm blush, deconstructed. As well as containing the Orgasm blush itself (the largest section), it contains a matte slightly blue toned hot pink, a matte peachy red colour and a golden highlight. 


I don't own the Orgasm blush separately from this palette, in fact, I only own one other Nars blush (Deep Throat), but I have to say, I was disappointed with the pigmentation in the Orgasm shade here. Deep Throat is so smooth and pigmented whereas I found that while this is a pretty colour, pigmentation was pretty poor. 

Saying that, the pigmentation of the two matte blushes is outstanding. They're very rich and a little goes a long way, a very light hand is needed with these. The highlighter is also lovely and very effective on the cheeks. It's not nearly so gold on the cheeks as it is in the swatch below. Initially, I thought maybe I got a duff palette given the poor pigmentation of the Orgasm shade but given how good the others are, I'm inclined to think not.

(left to right - Orgasm, Matte Pink, Matte red, highlight)

Despite my pigmentation complaints, Orgasm is a very pretty colour. In fact, I love all the colours in the  palette. They're very easy to work with. Something that I really like about it is that you can create your own bespoke Orgasm shade that works well with your skin. Given how pricey Nars is, I really like this option, I feel like I'm getting more bang for my buck so to speak. Its also handy given how pale I am and will be useful for travelling.  

I really love this palette though it is expensive at nearly £40. With that in mind its important to remember that while Orgasm may suit you, not all colours in the palette may do, as its these colours combined that make up Orgasm. Unless you really like the other colours in the palette or are interested in playing around at combining the shades, I think you'd maybe be better off with a full size Orgasm blush.  That being said, I have been left impressed by the matte shades and the highlighter in this palette and its left me wanting to try more of Nars matte blushes!

2 comments:

  1. LOL I love the names of these - Foreplay & Orgasm :P :P xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha I know, NARS have the best names for their products! x

      Delete