Sunday, 6 January 2013

MAC Hot Gossip Lipstick...

Hello Dears,

So to ease myself back into the whole blogging thing, I thought I would start off with a product that I just LOVE.



MAC Hot Gossip is a gorgeous lipstick. Described on the Mac website as a mid tone pinky plum, this has been my go to lipstick for the majority of the year. In fact, if I had to pick a lipstick that was my favourite of 2012, this would be it. 


(it does look lighter in the bullet than the actual colour)

I find this lipstick extremely wearable. True enough, it is a pinky plum, more on the pink side than the plum though. Its the slight plum tone in this that makes it stand out to me, its just different enough not to be considered "just another pink"



I dont know enough about the different finishes on MAC lipsticks to talk about it but this is a cremesheen (if that means anything to you). Looking at my collection, this seems to be the formula that I have the most of, and, true enough, my absolute favourites are all cremesheens. The formula is lovely though, not drying but it feels rich on the lips. The colour is very pigmented and lasts ages with minimal touchups are needed. It definitely survives a sandwich!

Here's a wee picture of it on my lips. I am very VERY pale as you can see (though I have been ill so I am even more translucent than usual!) but I like the look of the lipstick against a my skin tone. It's pink but not too over the top.


This is absolutely my favourite lipstick. If you're looking for a MAC lipstick to pick up I would highly recommend this, its gorgeous and I will definitely be picking up a new one when this one is finished!

No comments:

Post a Comment