Sunday, 5 August 2012

Sally Hansen Salon Effects Nail Polish Strips...

I was never in to the nail wrap thing when it first started to get a following. I never really "got it" as such but recently when I was in TK Maxx I saw these Sally Hansen Salon Effects nail polish strips for £3.99 and figured I would get them and give them a go.



These are little sticky strips of "nail polish" that you peel off and stick to the nails and file down to the appropriate size. These are really convenient if you want something to look cute in a rush as you don't need to wait for them to dry.


In the little pack you get 16 of the nail polish strips, instructions, a nail file/buffer and a cuticle stick.

I was slightly nervous about trying these since i'm crap with anything that requires a certain amount of co-ordination or neatness to it. These are surprisingly easy to work with, even with someone that usually struggles with simple things like this. They stick well to the nails and are pretty easy to file down.

I actually like these a lot, they're nice for a change. As someone who doesnt have a hope in hell of being able to do nail art of any kind, these are a nice option. They come off very easily with nail polish remover as well which is good and they didn't damage my nails at all. 

My only complaint is that these claim on the box to last for up to 10 days. Want to know how long they lasted on me? 24 hours. Less than 24 hours actually and all i was doing was sitting at home. They chip so easily. Maybe it was down to how I applied them but I doubt it, there were no parts that werent stuck down properly so for them to peel and chip within a day is pretty poor. With that in mind, if I was going to use these again I would maybe just use them before a night out and I would apply them pretty near to the time when I was leaving the house. That being said, these are cute for something different. 


The ones I got are called Wishnets.

Jill x

No comments:

Post a Comment