Monday, 30 July 2012

Stila In The Light Palette Love...

This little gem was on my wish list for quite some time and I was so happy that I finally picked it up.



The In The Light Palette  is a gorgeous neutral palette from Stila. I've really been loving Stila eyeshadows recently and this palette does not let down. It contains 10 colours of varying finishes - 4 matt, 1 matt with glitter, 3 shimmer shades and 1 shimmer with glitter in it - as well as a lovely eyeliner


I'm not gonna lie, one of the things that really attracted me to this palette is that it contains my absolute favourite eyeshadow of all time - Kitten. All of the shades in this are just gorgeous though. The quality of this palette is outstanding. The shadows are very well pigmented and really soft and easy to blend. You literally have to just touch the shadows lightly to get a good colour pay off.


(top row)

(bottom row)

The eyeliner is gorgeous as well. It's one of the Smudge Stick waterproof eyeliner and the shade is called Damsel and is exclusive to the palette. The colour is dark brown, almost black.  This eyeliner being called a Smudge Stick is deceiving since this sets extremely quickly. You have to work very quickly in order to smudge it at all and when it sets, it lasts all day. I have really watery eyes so everything smears on me, except this. It even lasts on my water line.


Much like the eyeshadows, you get a great colour pay off from this without having to press down hard.

One of the great things about this palette is that you get 10 near full sized eyeshadows plus an eyeliner for £24. When you factor in that these eyeliners cost £14 each by themselves, the value for money is outstanding. Love it.

Jill x

No comments:

Post a Comment