Saturday, 7 April 2012

I Love Sleek Blush in Rose Gold...

I've been really loving high street brands recently! This is unusual for me because I've been using higher end brands for as long as I can remember. I'll be honest, I'd probably have stuck to them as well had I not been so conscious of my lack of funds to support my beauty habit. However,  the ££ issue has meant that I have discovered some true beauty gems from the high street! One of them is the Maybelline Color Tattoo Eyeshadow that I talked about in my last post and one is this Sleek Makeup Blush that I picked up recently.



The colour I picked up is Rose Gold. I had seen this on quite a number of blogs as a NARS Orgasm dupe. I don't actually have NARS Orgasm so I can't comment on that, what I can comment on is how lovely this product is!

I had never tried Sleek before but was curious about it given its cult following. I can honestly say I haven't been disappointed. I think I have used this blush nearly every day since I got it! It's become a firm favourite, definitely my favourite of my recently bought blushes!


Its the most lovely peachy pink which is infused with a lovely golden shimmer.  It looks quite orangey in the pan but it isn't as orange when used with a light hand and blended. The shimmer through it is lovely. Its not glittery or overwhelming but its enough that I don't feel the need to use a highlighter (this NEVER happens...I love my highlighters). Its also extremely pigmented and long lasting on my cheeks as well. 

I think its important to use a light hand with this though due to the pigmentation. I've been loving my Real Techniques blusher brush recently and when I use this I usually only tap it twice in the pan and that gives more than enough colour!



Two swatch pictures just to show the pigmentation shine! You can see that a light hand is a must as these aren't heavy swatches.

Like I said, I haven't got NARS Orgasm so I can't comment on how similar they are but given how lovely this blush is, if they are similar, I doubt NARS would be getting a look in. This is just so good. And for such a great product, the cost is phenomenal....£4.30! Amazing!

Jill x

No comments:

Post a Comment