Sunday, 19 February 2012

MAC Quite Natural Paint Pot...



Since I've recently started playing around with cream based products more, I thought it was about time I tried MAC Paint Pots. I've seen these used all over the internet - Painterly in particular which has been used as an eye shadow base. Since i'm completely in love with my Estee Lauder Double Wear Eyeshadow Base, I thought I would try a different colour. The one I went for is Quite Natural.



Quite Natural is a lovely deep brown colour. It has a cream formula that dries matt and a little goes a long way. You can really see the deep colour it goes on in the swatch below.


Despite being opaque in the swatch above this blends out really easily in to a more subtle brown - ideal for during the day.


In terms of lasting power this only lasts a couple of hours on me without needing touched up. I've also noticed that by the end of the work day, this has creased slightly. This was pretty surprising considering the love that many people have for Painterly as an eyeshadow base. They do last slightly longer when set with an eyeshadow but it does still crease slightly on me. Unless the formulas vary between colours, I doubt i'd ever use one of these as my eyeshadow base, I'll stick to my Estee Lauder. 


That being said I really like this. Its a really nice eye product - the creasing isn't so severe to put me off this particular one. I like that this is multi task and Ive been using it all over the eye lid and under as a smudged eye liner. I also like that I can blend this out to be a more subtle colour. The pictures below show the product on my eyes the way i've been wearing it






As you can see, when blended, the pigmentation in this really changes - it lightens up significantly. I suppose the thing I like the most about this is how easy and quick it is to use. Its great for those days when I'm rushing to get out the door or i'm just too lazy to use a lot of products. I personally wouldn't recommend using this as an eyeliner by itself. It does smear a little bit so that's why i've started just smudging it to begin with.


Would I buy another one? I'm not sure. Given the creasing I'm not sure i'd jump into it. I'd need to check online for reviews/swatches first. Overall, these are worth a look if you're looking for an easy to use cream eyeshadow product but, personally, I wouldn't necessarily recommend as an eyeshadow base.


Jill x

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely colour! I use paint pats as eyeshadow bases but generally I only use soft ochre and only a teeny tiny bit otherwise it creases on me too! You're right that they're great for down days to just whack on over the lid for a bit of fuss free glamour :)

    Maisyetc.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete