Saturday, 11 February 2012

A little Stila Experiment...

I've been experimenting more and more with cream blush products lately and I actually can't believe its taken me so long to get into them, I love them! One of the products that I've really been loving lately is the Stila Convertible Colour Dual Lip and Cheek Cream. 




The one I have is called Poppy. These products are designed to be used as both a cream blush and a lip product. I'm a little dubious about multi use products as I always think if its good at one thing it won't be as good at the other. With that in mind, getting this was a bit of a gamble for me but I actually really like it.


I had a lot of difficulty accurately capturing the colour of this in the pan. The picture above was taken in daylight and is the most accurate colour wise - please excuse the marks in it. I didn't realise until I was about to do this post that the pictures I had taken before I started using this product were far FAR too orange toned to be used and, in fact, the colour in reality is a slightly deeper red than even this.

Despite being difficult to capture in a blog photo, the colour of this is really lovely. Swatched and on the lips it s a deep pink toned red. I'm not a fan of red lips so this is a slight departure from the norm for me but it still has enough pink in it for it to be wearable for me. The texture is lovely as well, somewhere between a gloss and a lipstick and its very very pigmented.

When this is blended out, its a real surprise. The colour is the most lovely vibrant pink. Due to the high level of pigmentation, this is a product that it would be very easy to go over board with. A little goes a long way. Its very easy to build up to a more red toned cheek colour, which I think can look lovely if you've got really pale skin.


Lasting power with this is particularly good. It lasted on my cheeks all day at work without needing a touch up. On the lips this also lasts a good few hours and even when the initial product has worn off, it leaves a lovely "just bitten" hint of colour.

I really like this. There is quite good selection of colours with this product and I will definitely be looking into getting some more. These are priced at £16 and I got mine from Boots.

Jill x

No comments:

Post a Comment