Friday, 3 February 2012

A little Benefit Treat...



I recently treated myself to Benefits Watt's Up! highlighter. Unlike the other highlighters by Benefit that I have, this isn't a liquid but comes in the form of a stick which actually reminds me of the NARS multiples.




As you can see, the packaging is typically Benefit. Its super cute and kitsch. On one end of the tube is the highlighter stick and on the other is a sponge that you're supposed to use to blend the product. Personally, I'm not a fan of the sponge, I found it didn't really work and actually rubbed off more product than it blended. 




The highlighter itself is a gorgeous champagne colour that has a cream to powder formula. This has a lovely shimmer without being too over the top. Its very easy to blend out and a little goes a long way. It is easily buildable to give a more intense finish. The picture below shows it swatched at the top then blended out at the bottom




You can really see the lovely sheen and gorgeous colour. This is a really lovely product. Lasting power is also great with this and it doesn't just melt into my skin, it actually delivers what it says it will, a "soft focus" highlight. 


This product reminds me of the Estee Lauder Pure Colour Modern Mercury highlighter that i'm absolutely in love with. It is quite similar but the Benefit highlighter is slightly more pale and doesn't have the same level of shimmer. 

I've also tried this as a brow highlight and while it is nice, I prefer something with a more white/pale pink colour for this, Benefits High Beam is one of my favourites.


This product costs £24.50 which isn't exactly cheap. Ideally this would come at a lower price point and for me, without the pointless sponge. With that being said, this is a really lovely product and overall, another win for Benefit. 


Jill x

No comments:

Post a Comment