Friday, 17 February 2012

Falling in love again...

Todays post is about several products that i've recently fallen back in love with. I hadn't used some of these for quite some time and recently I find myself reaching for them on a regular basis. I'm actually not sure why I ever stopped using them. Oh wait I do know, its because I compulsively buy makeup and theres always something new to play with.


Lips

  • Dior Addict Lipstick in 465 Singuliere - This is a really gorgeous pink lipstick. To my eye its a pale but bright pink that leans slightly blue. The formula of these lipsticks is divine - if feels really moisturising and glides on easily.  Its got a lovely shine to it as well. On me, it lasts maybe 2 hours before I have to re-apply. I tend to favour stronger pinks for my lips but this is a really lovely change.
  • Chanel Rouge Coco Shine in 54 Boy - This has been raved about all over the internet so I don't really know what else I can say. Probably my favourite lipstick of all time - I just hadn't reached for it because I had so many other new ones to play with. Its a gorgeous shiny girly pink colour. You can tell from the tiny nub thats left in the picture above how well loved this is, so well loved that I actually have a back up in a drawer for when its finished
  • NARS Lipgloss in Angelika - Yet another gorgeous cool toned pink with, to my eye, slightly purple undertones. The formula of this is slightly sticky but not so much that I get too annoyed with it. The gloss is also extremely well pigmented
All are swatched in the photo below in the same order


Cheeks
  • Dior Rose Diamond - as you can see from the picture above this is very well loved. I also have the famed Amber Diamond but it was the Rose Diamond that started my love for these highlighters, highlighters in general actually (I've since developed a bit of an obsession). It provides a lovely pink shimmery highlight. I wear it by swirling all the colours together so i'm not quite sure why its more worn at the pale side. Just gorgeous.
  • Mac Powder Blush in Fleur Power - a wonderfully pigmented, long lasting pink blush. Its a Mac blush, what more can I say?
  • NARS Illuminator in Orgasm - Again, I don't really know what to say about this thats not already been said. A gorgeous warm liquid highlighter. Looks orange in the bottle, blends out to the most lovely bronze with a gold tinge. As you can see, this is the old bottle shape so mines quite old and still going strong. A little goes a long way.
  • Bourjois Delice de Poudre Bronzing Powder in 52 - I'm very VERY pale so to find a bronzer that looks natural and doesn't turn me orange can be a bit of a challenge. This one ticks all the boxes. Its a lovely bronzer and again, well talked about in many other blogs. I've had this since the summer last year and it looks like i've barely used it when in actual fact, for a good few months, I was using it daily. A little goes a long way and a great value buy that also smells gorgeous!
First picture below is swatches of the Mac Blush (top) and Dior Rose Diamond (Bottom) and the second picture shows a (messy) swatch of the NARS illuminator and it blended out. I couldn't get the bronzer to photograph (not sure why) so its not included


Eyes
  • NARS eyeshadow duo in Tzarine - This consists of two beautiful eyeshadows - a shimmery champagne and a shimmery grey with tiny flecks of glitter. The glitter in the grey doesn't actually translate onto my eyes too much, meaning that I can get away with this through the day. The Champagne is the most lovely subtle colour. I like to use this as the all over eye colour and use the grey to smoke it out in the outer corner and through the crease. I've also used the grey as an eye liner as well. Excellent lasting power and well pigmented shadows.
  • Dior Diorshow Maximiser Lash Plumping Serum - I've unfortunately not been blessed with long lashes. Mine are very short and straight. They don't curl, no matter what I try they just either don't curl or, if they do curl, by the time i've left the house in the morning they'll be straight again. I got this when it was first released last year and totally fell in love with it. It really does what it claims. Its white in colour and designed to be used as a mascara primer - an unnecessary step for many but when you have tiny lashes like me, its wonderful. My lashes appear longer, fuller and are better at holding a curl. I also feel like my mascara lasts for longer when I use this. To be honest, it was just laziness that meant I stopped using this but now i've been using it again, I don't know why I ever let that stop me!
The picture below shows the eyeshadow duo swatched


I've really enjoyed using these products again and will definitely make the effort to rotate my makeup and make use of some old favourites more often.

Jill x

No comments:

Post a Comment