Saturday, 4 February 2012

A bit of Chanel to brighten up my day...

I'm the first one to admit that I have a Chanel addiction problem. More often than not, I just can't help myself from stopping and having a look at their makeup and inevitably buying something. I've always been impressed by the colour range and lasting power (with the exception of some of the nail polishes which chip as soon as they're applied!). Since i'm the victim of a powerful and uncontrollable addiction, its just not my fault that I spent...well...a lot of money at the Chanel counter recently. One of the things I picked up was the new Blush Horizon De Chanel soft glow blush from the Spring 2012 collection.




The blush itself comes in the typical sleek and sturdy black box with white Chanel logo and is accompanied by a small angled blush brush. As always, both also come in small velvety Chanel bags. The blush box also has a built in mirror which is a good size.


The blush itself is stripy with different shades of pink and one white strip. 




Isn't it just soooo pretty?


I use this blush by swirling all the colours together. I suppose you could use the colours separately maybe on the eyes but the stripes are just so small that I don't really see the point in trying this.


Swirled together this produces the most gorgeous bright pink. The only way I can really think of to describe it is Barbie like. It also has the most lovely pale pearly glow to it when blended out. The picture below shows it swatched at the top and blended at the bottom.




As you can see, this is very nicely pigmented. I've also been using the brush that it comes with to apply and i've found it to be very good. The size is great (as opposed to the tiny brushes that got with my other Chanel blushes), its not scratchy and it picks up a great amount of colour. I don't think it really matters what brush you use with this blush, you won't need to work to pick up a lot of colour.


Lasting time for this is excellent, as with the other Chanel blushes i've tried. I've just been doing a light touch up mid afternoon.


One of the things that I love about Chanel cosmetics (in addition to the colour choice & quality) is that by owning some Chanel makeup, you feel like you own a little bit of luxury. Thats a nice feeling to be honest and its definitely true with this product. This is a gorgeous well pigmented blush that lasts for a while on the skin and like all Chanel products i've tried it is expensive, but for me, totally worth it.


Jill x

No comments:

Post a Comment