Sunday, 8 January 2012

Lovely Laura Mercier...


I got this little beauty in the SpaceNK sale. Its the Laura Mercier Day to Night Neutrals Collection. I picked this up for £37 down from £75.  The kit contains:

  • Foundation Primer (30ml)
  • Full Blown Volume Mascara in Black (full size)
  • Lip Gloss in Mystic Mauve (full size)
  • Eye Shadow Duos in Sheer Topaz/Primrose & Sparkling Dew/Celestial
  • Blush in Petal Pink
  • Kohl Eye Pencil in Stormy Gray
  • Mini Cheek Colour Brush
  • Double Ended Pony Tail/Crease Brush
Pretty good kit isn't it? The whole thing comes in the lovely gun metal grey bag pictured above. The bag itself feels very high quality and has 2 compartments. A large compartment in the top and a smaller one at the bottom that holds the eye liner and 2 brushes - 


As for the other makeup, here's a little picture of it 


I was most excited to try the foundation primer. I have a bit of a thing for primer, I'm constantly on the search for the one. I usually use the Bare Minerals one which is excellent but i've been really impressed with the Laura Mercier. Its a watery consistency in comparison to Bare Minerals which is gel. It goes on the skin really nicely, you only need a tiny bit and dries to a nice smooth consistency. It makes my skin feel silky soft. My makeup does last well with this and it doesn't seem to melt off my face as the day goes on. I do still need to touch up mid afternoon but overall i'm very pleased. I will definitely be purchasing the full size version of this .

The eye shadow duos and the blush come in a lovely palette. Again the packaging is lovely. The inside is pictured below


From left to right - Sparkling Dew/Celestial, Petal Pink Bush and Sheer Topaz/Primrose. The quality of these is outstanding. They feel soft and buttery to the touch. Lasting power is great and they don't fade at all. Colour pay off is also nice. They're quite sheer but are easily buildable.  They're swatched in the same order in the picture below


I really love the lip gloss. In the tube this looks like it would be quite pink and has a micro glitter but on the lips its a lovely natural my lips but better colour. I'm really pleased with it. It's got a non sticky formula which is great and it smells mildly like toffee too which is lovely



That's really all I've played with in the kit. I haven't really used the eye liner or the mascara yet so I can't really judge on their effectiveness.


All in all this has been a great purchase. Excellent value for money considering what the kit usually goes for and it's been a really nice way for me to try some products from a brand that I've been curious about. What i've used so far from the kit i've really liked and I can see myself buying again.


Jill x

No comments:

Post a Comment