Sunday, 22 January 2012

A little Philip Kingsley Miracle...

I've been meaning to do a post about this little beauty for quite a while. I'm a skeptic when it comes to so called "miracle" products. I've tried quite a few that just don't live up to the hype. 

Given the chemical burn that happened in my hair (i've blogged about this quite a few times but the first post about it you can see here) and the resulting hair breakage and just generally awful condition, I have tried quite a number of hair products to try to save and give some life back to my dry withered locks. My hair is continuing to improve. Usually a couple of days after I wash it (i'm currently only washing every Wednesday & Sunday) it starts to kind of crust up again and go dry. Nowhere near the dry brillo pad texture that it was though. Given how far its come since that awful day, I'm planning on doing a few blog posts about the products that I feel have helped me the most as when I was completely lost and heartbroken about it, blogs and youtube videos about good products to use really helped me. 

The first product I want to talk about is the Philip Kingsley Elasticizer. This product has a proper cult following. Its labeled as an "intensive super-moisturising treatment" that promises to "add elasticity, manageability and shine". The package says its suitable for all hair types but pretty much everything I've seen about this product says that it works miracles on hair that is super damaged. It should help to combat breakage and generally improve the condition.


I got the 500ml bottle which cost £47.04 from QVC. I know, I know, its really really expensive. But its sooooo worth it. I've been using it for just over a month now and i have to say that from the first wash, the improvement was so noticeable. My hair felt softer, more manageable and thicker.

This is a pre shampoo treatment. To use, wet your hair and apply. Theres different areas of your hair to concentrate on depending on its length but for me, since my hair is so badly damaged, i just slather a whole lot of it all over my hair! Then, when you're done smoothing it over your hair, cover with the plastic cap that comes with it and leave for 10-20 minutes. I always leave it for about 20 minutes. Then just wash and condition your hair as normal.

I did think it was a bit odd it being a pre shampoo treatment. I don't know how it works or why, all i know is that it really does do the job. I've also noticed less breakage as well. My hair generally looks healthier since I started using it and now when I touch it just after its been done, it actually feels a bit soft! The next day it also still doesn't feel too bad, it just feels like slightly dry hair and not a brillo pad as it previously was! The picture below was taken today after I had washed my hair, let it dry naturally and run the straighteners through it (yes, i'm becoming braver with the straighteners!) You can see the over all look of my hair. What an improvement there has been!



I took pictures of the sides of my head today as well. In my previous posts, these were the areas that I had been photographing which showed really the worst of the damage. You can see, its no longer matting (and doesn't matt even after a few days, it just goes dry). You can also see how much my roots are coming in as well as some of the discolouration that remains from where my hair was stripped of colour with it.


I also pulled my fringe back to show you something I never thought i'd be pleased to see....ROOTS!!

I am just so happy to see it growing in!

I have been being very kind to my hair, letting it air dry when possible, not straightening it often and using intensive treatments etc but I feel that a really big part of the improvement has been down to the Elasticizer. I know its very expensive but given the state my hair was in, I was willing to spend any amount to get it back to something that even resembled human hair again and not just a horrible tangled mess. It also lasts a while so you do get your moneys worth out of it.

Its got a high price tag but this product is definitely worth the hype. It works extremely well. I will definitely be re-purchasing this when its done. Well worth the money!

Jill x

No comments:

Post a Comment