Sunday, 29 January 2012

A highlighter made in heaven...

Have you ever wandered innocently past a makeup counter and had something catch your eye, something so gorgeous that you knew, right then and there, you had to own it?


Well that happened to me recently when I passed the Guerlain counter in my local Debenhams and I saw the Meteorites Cruel Gardenia Illuminating Iridescent Powder.



This highlighting powder has been released for the Guerlain Spring 2012 collection. Its a pale pink shimmery highlighter. When I walked past the stand and saw it I just couldn't resist. And when it looks like this can you blame me?


A little over exposed but just look at the gorgeous shimmer! 

Its a beautiful 3d flower shape. Just gorgeous. The picture below shows the 3d effect and also is more accurate in terms of the colour in the pan.


The colour itself is a gorgeous pale pink with a high shine factor. Pigmentation is fair but not that great, its the way that the pale pink colour and the shine work together that make this really special. The highlighting ability of this product is absolutely stunning. You get a beautiful shine but you don't need to use too much product for it.


You can see in the picture above that it doesn't give off much colour - even swatched heavily - but its just got such a gorgeous shine. It was really difficult to get a picture of it that accurately shows the shine - the picture below shows the level of shine. In the picture below its layered over Illamasqua Ambition Powder Blush and I used an Elf Complexion Brush to apply it generously across my cheeks.


Sorry for the half face/eye picture but this shows the lovely level of shine you can achieve.

Lasting power is also great. It actually lasts longer than most of the highlighters that I own, it doesn't melt off my face or become patchy which some highlighters can. 

This is just a stunning product. Its also my first product from Guerlain. I've read a lot in various blogs about this brand and was curious to try it but I guess I didn't think there was anything that was just that special to justify the price. This has totally changed my mind. I will definitely be heading back to have a closer look!

Jill x

No comments:

Post a Comment