Saturday, 28 January 2012

A Cream Blusher Dream...

I've recently entered the world of cream and liquid cheek products. They're not something i've ever really used before and I don't know why. After doing a lot of reading on beauty blogs I finally decided I had to try them and that the way to go should be the Illamasqua Cream Blushes. 


I know, I know, its another Illamasqua product but I just can't help it, they've become one of my absolute favourite brands!

The little beauty I went for is in the shade Dixie. Usually I go for more girlie pinky shades for blusher so this bright coral pink is something different for me. I was a bit unsure about it when the sales girl first showed it to me but as soon as she applied it, I fell in love.


Swatched top and blended out below. As you can see - it can be well blended and isn't as scary as it looks in the pan! The formula is lovely. It only takes a light touch with my finger and a whole lot of product comes off. Its extremely creamy and very easy to blend. Its got a dewy finish which you can't really see in the picture above but its lovely - dewy without being too over the top.

I've been using my Mac 187 brush to apply this. I find tapping this brush in the blush once, twice at most picks up the perfect amount of product and allows me to easily build colour - which is great as I love bright cheeks.I also think this product will last for a while given the small amount of product you need to use. 


I'm in love with this. Like all the Illamasqua products i've tried, the quality is excellent. I urge anyone who is thinking of trying cream cheek products to give this brand a go. Don't be put off by the colour they are in the pan! 

This is also very long lasting. I had my doubts about how long it would last but it really lasts all day. To give you an idea, I put my makeup on at about 6.45am and I get in from work at about 5.20pm and I haven't had to touch this blush up once on any of the days I've worn it. Its really excellent.

Heres a picture of how it looks on my cheeks. This was taken at the end of the day after work. All i've touched up is my lipstick and concealer and I don't have a highlighter on my cheeks - you can see the finish accurately. 


Just for info as well, I'm wearing the Illamasqua Skin Base Foundation in the picture above (which i'm still trying to form an opinion on) as well as the Illamasqua Sheer Lipgloss in Tantrum. Actually, Tantrum also supports my statement that you shouldn't be afraid of the colours in the pan but I'm planning on blogging about that soon so won't say anything else on that right now. 

Illamasqua Cream Blush in Dixie is a wonderful product, pigmented, long lasting and easy to work with, even for someone with really, no experience with cream blushes! I really want to have a look at the other colours that are available for this product and will definitely be re-purchasing this when its finished.

Jill x



No comments:

Post a Comment