Saturday, 24 December 2011

I Love Watercolours...



I recently treated myself to the the Daniel Sandler Watercolour Blush in Pop as well as the brush to go along with it. I had never used this product before and didnt really know what to expect but after reading such rave reviews online I had to try it.

The product itself has the consistency of water. I dont know why this surprised me but it did. I havent really used liquid or even cream cheek colours before so this type of thing was completely new to me. Its a lovely pink colour that puts me in mind of the inside of the strawberry Quality Street chocolates. Its extremely pigmented and a little goes a very long way. I think this is a product to be used sparingly and very carefuly as you could easily mess this up. Only use a TINY dot of this product and blend it out into the most lovely vibrant pink colour. The product could be layered to allow for different intensities but this is definitely a product you want to build up as opposed to going straight in there with a lot of product.

The brush that I got is the one that's sold to go along with this particular product and its excellent. Its extremely soft and easy to work with. Its really great at blending this product wonderfully. Staying power is absolutely fantastic. The picture below shows the colour that comes out of the tube and the same amount blended. The blended swatch is still very heavy as when I took this picture, I didnt appreciate just how far the product can go! I took a little side view picture of how the product looks on my cheek as well. You should note that on my cheek I used FAR less of the product than in the first picture and you can see how subtle it can look. I dont know why the picture looks all grainy, it was taken with the same camera settings in the same light as the top one...oh well.





I think that given the lovely colour, the staying power and the teeny tiny amount of product you need to use, this product is a great investment and well worth the money. I'll definitely be trying out more of them

Jill x



No comments:

Post a Comment