Sunday, 6 November 2011

One Month On...

So, its been 4 weeks since that fateful day at the hairdressers. You may think this is an over-reaction on my part but, I kid you not, this entire debacle has been utterly devastating for me. One month on and what can I say. Overall condition of my hair is better than it was when I first came home from, what I now refer to as, "bastard hairdressers". Today, however, I took a picture of the top of my head and theres A LOT of thinning on my parting. So much so that I wont post the picture on here as its just too upsetting for me.

Lets look at the positive though.  The matting at the sides of my hair has all but gone. After a couple of days not washing it it does feel dry, in fact, by the evening of the day after I wash it the whole thing starts to feel like straw. You can see the difference in the pictures below if you compare it to the ones in my first post





I have been brave enough to wear it down but only really the day after I have washed it. I dont know whether this is through the improvement in condition, or resignation on my part that its not going to look great no matter what I do and I may as well just get on with it.

I've started to encorporate Frederik Fekkai Protein RX Anti Breakage Treatment Mask (pictured - badly - below) into my routine. This is instead of the Bumble and Bumble one I was previously using. I have to say that so far i'm really pleased with this product. My hair feels soft after using. I can't say anything on the breakage issue at the moment as i've only used it a couple of times but I will update on this when I can. I've still been using the other products I mentioned in other posts and still no hairdrier or straightners.



On another note, I went into town on Saturday and spent far too much money on makeup! I hit the NARS stall pretty badly and I will blog about the lovelies I bought there in the next couple of days. I bought a couple of nail polishes by Illamasqua as well - Phallic which is a lovely dark shimmery navy blue and a nail polish duo which includes  Boosh - black and Spartan - gold glitter. I decided to put Phallic on and layer Spartan over the top. The result, I think, is quite lovely. Both polishes are pictured below


I'm really looking forward to playing a bit more with Spartan as a top coat and also by itself. I think this will be perfect for the festive season.

Jill x

No comments:

Post a Comment