Sunday, 13 November 2011

NARS Lippie Loves...



So today i'm doing a post about some of the NARS goodies I spoke about in my last post.  The picture above shows the 3 lip products that I bought - Sheer Lipstick in Mitzi, Semi-Matte Lipstick in Catfight and lipgloss in Moon Fleet.

Sheer Lipstick Mitzi is a lovely pink. Its almost like a "my lips but better" pink with a hint of frost. The lipstick has a lovely formula and glides on effortlessly. Its easily buildable to get a more intense colour but one sweep on my lips delivers a very sheer, but deep toned, glossy pink.

Semi-Matte Lipstick Catfight is a different story. I swatched this in the shop and fell in love with the vibrant pink lipstick. The colour is a strong pink with, to my eye, a mauve undertone. This is a warm colour that is sure to brighten up winter looks. Now, I swatched on my hand in the shop but didnt try on my lips so I was quite shocked with the formula. I dont really have any matte or semi-matte lipsticks so I've got no real experience with the formulas. While the colour pay off is excellent, I cant say i'm a massive fan of the formula. It drags my lips with it when I move it and I think it would be really quite unforgiving on chapped lips. My lips are far from chapped but it shows every little line! I doubt I would wear this without a gloss on top.

Enter Moon Fleet. I wasnt sold on this when the sales girl showed me it in the tube but when I put it on, whole different story. This is a sheer gold toned gloss with gold flecks. Its incredibly subtle and adds dimensions to any lipstick. Its lovely by itself if you're going for a more dramatic eye or if you want to add a bit of glam to an every day look. I've been wearing it over the catfight lipstick and it makes the formula more forgiving and adds a lovely sheen to it. Gorgeous.

The three are swatched - from top to bottom - Mitzi, Catfight & Moon Fleet



The picture below shows Catfight on its own on the left and layered with Moon Fleet on the right. 

I love it. The picture below shows this combination on the lips. Please excuse my haggard state in the picture. It was taken on Friday before work at 7am! I'm also wearing the multiple in G-spot on the cheeks (very sheer) and the eyeshadow duo in Tzarine on my eyes



I do so love my NARS goodies.

Jill x
 

No comments:

Post a Comment