Saturday, 19 November 2011

It's in the bag....


Whats in my makeup bag? The little bag I carry around in my handbag on a daily basis? A lot, thats what. And it doesnt all fit in it, most of the time it looks like this


Heres a little picture of everything thats crammed in it



These are the products that I have been using this week throughout the day for touch ups...bit excessive isnt it?? I've done a little breakdown of the products.

Brushes from top to bottom are:
  • Shu Uemura no 27 - This is a lovely soft brush that has become a favourite of mine. I use it to sweep bronzer across my face. Its great at depositing a good amount of colour without turning me organge
  • Bare Escentuals Angled Face Brush - I use this with my powder highlighters on my cheeks. Its a great brush and allows quite precise application.
  • Base Escentuals Flawless Face brush - I use this with my Bare Escentuals/Minerals all over face colour. I purchased this along with a powder when I was in the USA earlier on this year. It was my first brush from the brand and I love it
  • Girl2Go pocket beauty blusher brush - this is a cheepey I bought from Asda a while ago out of desparation for a blusher brush when I was out and about. I was surprised about this brush, its become one of my favourites as you dont need to struggle with the brush to get a great colour pay off
  • Mac 208 - I use this with gel eyeliner, brilliant
The other brush thats in the photo of all the products is the Dior one you get free with the face powder that I use on a daily basis in the morning. I havent included it above picture as it wasnt a brush I chose myself, I only really use it because its small!

Cheek and Face Products


Anti clockwise from bottom
  • Bare Minerals All over face colour in Flawless Radiance - I use this all over my face to provide a lovely glow. I first got this earlier on this year when I was in the USA and have since re purchased as I love it so much. Its lovely with a tan
  • Mac blusher in Springsheen - gives a lovely sheen and is very pigmented. One of my favourites
  • Estee Lauder Pure Colour highlighter in Modern Mercury - I've talked about this before on the blog....love love love
  • Chanel Poudre Universelle Compacte in 20 Clair - Very well loved/used. I used to use this all the time as my face powder but I've since moved on to a Dior powder that I feel gives better coverage. Saying that, this is still an excellent, natural powder
  • Dior Bronze Original Tan in 001 Healthy Tan - looks orange in the pan and when swatched heavily it is orange toned but when I use with my Shu brush it gives a lovely natural flush
They're all swatched below, from left to right in the same order...


Lips and Miscelaneous


Clockwise from top left
  • NARS Semi Matte Lipstick in Catfight
  • Mac Lustreglass in Wonder-Struck -gorgeous glittery pinky lovely goodness
  • Clinique High Impact Mascara 
  •  Mac Fluidline Gel eyeliner in Blacktrack - Absolutely excellent liner, its the only eyeliner I have that doesnt smear under my eyes (I've yet to try the NARS one I bought a few weeks ago properly so this may change)
  • Diorskin Nude Skin Perfecting Hydrating Concealer in 001 Ivory - this is one of the best concealers i have tried. Its excellent for dark circles (although doesnt eliminate my monster ones completely) and is great for blemishes as well
All of these except the mascara are swatched below...



Also, I went to a hair dressers today for the first time since Hair-Gate 2011. I only had one Vietnam style flashback and associated freak out but did pretty well I think. All I got done was a tiny trim and conditioning treatment. She dried it with a hairdryer but didnt use straightners on it.

I left with it looking alright actually. The best its looked since the disaster and it does feel softer. I'm sure it will be back to its frizzy mess tomorrow though. Heres a little picture. It was a big step for me today to do this, to even go back into a hair dressers after how devastated I was. I'm looking at it as a positive step forward. Onwards and upwards

It's getting there

Jill x


No comments:

Post a Comment