Sunday, 2 October 2011

Oh exciting....new blog!

Well this is the first post of my new blog. I've never done anthing like this before so i'm not really sure what i'm doing! Hopefully this blog will just give me a place to jot down my thoughts and ideas on beauty and lifestyle. Going to start this in stages but I think i'll jump right in.

So yesterday i went to the hairdressers - first time in 5 months. I get my hair dyed blonde and had been using the John Frieda Go Blonder spray to put off going to the hairdressers. Turns out, this was the worst thing i couldve done - the dye at the hairdressers reacted with the Go Blonder spray and as a result has burned some areas of my hair - making it snap and turn white. My whole head of hair is brittle, matted and just horrible feeling.

They had to cut most of my hair off - it was mid back length and is now at my shoulders. I am equal parts raging and devastated - it took me so long to grow it. Luckily, although all of my hair is dry and brittle now, the worst damage is located to the area i sprayed - around my roots. Here are some pictures of some of the damage - they're not great but you get the idea




The pictures dont really accurately show it. Its absolutely awful! My hair feels like a brillo pad!

I have some salon shampoo and some other products that i'm planning on using - here's a photo of them



Shampoo & Conditioner -  L'Oreal Professional Absolut Repair Cellular





Conditioning Products
Herbal Essences - Beautiful Ends Split Ends Protection Cream
Fekkai - Protein Rx Daily Protein Fortifier Spray
Bumble and Bumble Creme De Coco Hair Masque
L'oreal Professionnel Absolut Repair Cellular Cleansing Balm

I'm also using the Aussie Leave in conditioner not pictured here. I've used the first 3 hair products for a while and they're all really good. After using everything today my hair feels a little better and I will report back with progress!

I've also been told to wash my hair only 2-3 times a week (im an every day girl) and no straightners or hairdryer and definately no colouring for the forseeable future. It was pretty devastating to be honest.

I've had some hair fall out as a result but not too much at the moment. Hopefully the above products should help.

Well thats a rambling post for the first one - i'm still getting the hang of this so will try not to ramble on so much in the future!


Jill x

No comments:

Post a Comment