Saturday, 29 October 2011

I'm a Freak...

This post is a little look at some products I recently got from Illamasqua. I dont have much from this range but i'm really starting to fall in love with it, the colours are amazing. Heres a little picture of what I purchased


  • Freak Gift Set
  • Powder Blusher in Ambition
  • Pure Pigment in Furore
The Freak gift set had me all in a tizzy. Now, I was a bit dubious about this perfume, as I often am with releases like this but I have to say it was love at first sniff. This perfume is absolutely gorgeous. I'm rubbish at trying to describe a scent so I wont even bother. Its like nothing ive ever smelled before. Its lovely, take a chance and try it out.  I couldnt resist. I decided to go for it and not only purchase the perfume but the gift set full of limited addition goodies.



In the set you get
  • Freak Eau De Parfum - 75ml
  • Nail polish in Hemlock
  • Sheer lipgloss in Datura
  • Pure Pigment in Queen of the Night
The nail polish is so interesting. Its a pale, sheer silver white that turns light green in certain lights. Its just lovely. I have also seen this used as a top coat to add further dimentions to other polishes which I cant wait to try. I'm still learning when it comes to taking pictures and this proved so difficult to get an accurate colour pay off in photos. The picture below is the best I could do as you can see the green sheen in the bottle, please ignore my scabby fingers!


The lipgloss is just stunning. Its a lovely lilac colour thats actually a lot more natural on than I thought it would be. It's definitely lilac but it less severe on the lips. Dont let this scare you, its gorgeous, glides on smooth and feels quite moisturising. Plus it smells like berries...lush! The pigment in Queen of the Night looks purple in the box but its actually got more of a black/grey tinge to it with purple glitter. I've had a play around with this and its really easy to blend so I think you could create a variety of looks with this. Swatches of these below -


The other 2 products I bought are the famous Furore pigment and blush in Ambition. Furore (top of pic) will make a lovely highlighter. Im also interested in seeing the result of mixing this in with my foundation. I usually dont like to mix with my foundation but this is so lovely I will have to try it. Ambition (bottom of pic) in the pan looks to be quite glittery but this doesnt really translate when I swatched it. As with all Illamasqua products, pigmentation is excellent, which is a must have for me in a blush.


I'm really pleased with these products and i'm looking forward to experimenting with Illamasqua a bit more

Jill x

2 comments:

  1. Ooh I've always wanted to try Illamasqua's pigments- lovely buys! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. They really are lovely. I could play at the illamasqua stall all day :) x

    ReplyDelete